Saturday, March 16, 2013

Half way stage

9 weeks in 9 weeks to go.  Feeling pretty good.  The diet is helping.  This is the second week of cutting out added sugar unless I am on a run over an hour and take the infamous GU.  Next week is the start of the Aerobic Capacity phase according to my plan.  It looks as if I will be introduced to running at marathon goal pace once a week for the next 3.  Not for very long but it looks like it is a taster in preparation for the phase that follows called Marathon Specific Training where running at longer periods at marathon pace are introduced.  Who knows if I will ever catch up to the amount I am meant to be doing - probably in the last week!

Ran a lovely 7.5 miles today before the rain came.  My friend Sam encouraged me to give up alcohol until after the race.  I was in such a good mood I said I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment