Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January

What a great month this is... always feels like a fresh start.  Had a wonderful workout with Jane H today at the gym.  My new heart rate monitor was super inspiring to me and I pumped it up to 155 bpm at one stage.  How long can I go at that rate... not very long but with good training I should be able to improve and if I need to be able to pull on that in the marathon I will be able to.  Still checking out marathon courses but liking the look of Spokane on June 1st. 

Eating habits haven't improved much but this coming Sunday I will join my favorite lecture series for 5 weeks and get to some discipline.  'To Quiet Inflammation" by Kathy Abascal.  When I started this blog I went down the road of eating no grains.  I enjoyed that challenge but for this next marathon I am going to eat grain (gluten free) of course. 

Miles in the legs, swimming twice per week, strength training and some discipline towards eating equates to... hello... Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment