Monday, November 4, 2013

Going again

November 4th and putting running back in my schedule.  Since the marathon I finished in May I have taken a break and enjoyed life playing around.  My wake up call was last week when I went for my annual flotation body fat test and discovered I have lost 4 pounds of muscle in one year!  Not good for a middle aged, smaller framed female.  There is only I that can do something about this.  I pulled out 4 steaks from the freezer and fell into dismay at what my body has eaten up.  Trying to pull any of that back will take some really hard work.  In the past, after many weight training programs, progress on lean body mass always took longer than expected and with not that much gain.  Ho Hum.  The quandry is where do I go for this.  Figuring it out.  At the moment trying LA Fitness and loving the swimming pool.  One of my goals is to go swimming twice per week.  I need to see what is available for weights.  How am I going to implement a strength regime and not just quit when the going gets tough?  Can I do it on my own?

I have gone back to eating grains but still gluten free.  Should I go Paleo? 

Run goals I am still considering.  Just purchased Train Like A Mother and after taking the quiz immediately got hit on the head with a hammer when it said, "you need to aim for a PR".  Deep down in my soul I know that but have been ignoring it.  So here's to blogging: CHEERS.  One way to keep me accountable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment