Thursday, January 24, 2013

First week let down!

I did what I said I would do go out there last Saturday and run my run.  Made it round 9 miles in under 9:30 just like the program says - long and steady.  It was fogged in and very cold but I did enjoy it.  I was super thankful for the individuals that stand out there and support.  By the time I got on the the third lap most people had finished as you had the choice of 1, 2 or 3.  The runners were sparse and so were the supporters but those that were there were super happy and shouting congratulations!  It does make a difference.  Day 1 over and I was on track until I woke up the next morning with a cold!!!

This week means staying put and trying to feel better.  Supposed to start some speed work but I feel like I need more sleep.  I have adjusted my runs to walks.  This week I have also started my visits with friends in the park for 20 mins body work out every Mon/Weds after the kids are dropped off.  Today I am so sore from yesterdays squats, planks and lunges.  My friend Sherry worked us hard but the true highlight was getting on the swing for 5 mins at the finish and watch them put in some bonus exercises!!!  I am good at cheering on others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment