Thursday, December 27, 2012

The 1st approaching fast.

A few more nights and I will be swinging my champagne glass in the air and wishing everyone a happy new year and for me a big emphasis on HEALTHY new year to go along with that.   Being on the island of Kuaui there is an abundance of amazing fruit on offer.  Everyone morning so far I have eaten a whole fresh papaya along with my cereal and coconut milk.  Yesterday, for lunch I had a fabulous lamb taco with an in-house made thick corn tortilla.   Dinner entailed steak, salad and rice.  Of course wine.  Snacks included chocolate, chips and fresh fruit eaten whenever I felt like it - oh yes and I treated myself to a Mexican coke.   Every time I sat down and ate I contemplated what it was going to be like to be 'grain free' come the first of Jan.

What am I going to eat instead of cereal for a quick fix?  I do not eat eggs and dairy.  How will I eat a  taco when we go for Mexican food?  Am I going to feel satisfied with the steak/salad minus the rice?  On first thought and in reaction to a little fear this is going to be a tougher assignment than I imagined.  However, as I sip my delicious Hawaiian coffee this morning it becomes clear that again it comes down to 'it's all in the mind' - I CAN DO IT and JUST DO IT.  

No comments:

Post a Comment