Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Time running away from me

Fair enough I am on a recovery week but I am struggling to get out the door with family commitments etc. and work.  I still cannot believe I ran a PR half marathon last weekend right when I was meant to according to my training schedule.  How did I do this?  Maybe because I have knocked sugar off the starting block that when I take it running it actually gives me fast fuel as to always eating sugar and the body not feeling any different when I take it during a race.  Maybe it is because I have managed to shed a few pounds.  Maybe it is because I have incorporated a few treadmills workouts which I never do when training for a marathon.  Maybe it is a combination of factors and still eating no grain unless it is part of my running fuel on run days.  Whatever it is I am in love with this feeling.

Now comes the nitty-gritty of the training program.  The next couple of weeks will be the hardest but that is what is supposed to happen.  I have to stay focused and hang in there.  Keep up the good work with the nutrition.  Stay hydrated with water as the weather is getting warmer.  I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment